Crunchy Lemon-Herbed Chicken
Lemon, oregano, basil and thyme make this chicken dish irresistible. Panko bread crumbs add crunch.
: Serves 4 (1 serving = 3-ounce portion)
- 6 2-ounce chicken tenders
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup of lemon juice, plus zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons water (1 tablespoon for the egg wash, 2 tablespoons for finishing the sauce)
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.9 g|
- Preheat 2 tablespoons of butter on medium-low heat.
- Add zest of 1 lemon and half the herbs to bread crumbs, save the rest for lemon sauce.
- Beat egg yolk with 1 tablespoon water.
- Place chicken tenders between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and beat with small groove side of mallet until thin, but not ripped.
- Dip chicken in egg wash mixture, then in herbed bread crumb mixture until coated. Set them aside.
- Preheat 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat.
- Place breaded chicken in sauté pan.
- Cook chicken, approximately 2–3 minutes each side.
- Remove chicken and place on baking sheet pan to rest. In same pan, add remaining herbs and lemon juice, then heat until simmering.
- Turn off heat; add remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter to the sauce, stir vigorously.
- Slice the chicken.
- Place sliced chicken on a plate, pour the sauce over the top and add garnishes.
TIP: Use diced red bell peppers, lemon slices, parsley or finely diced shallots and scallions to add color and garnish to your final dish.