Herb-Crusted Pork Loin
Fennel, caraway, dill and anise seeds coat this pork roast for a juicy, aromatic and flavor-packed dish. Herbalicious!
: Serves 14 (1 serving = 4 ounces)
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3½ pounds)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons anise seed
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons dill seed
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.0 g|
- Rub soy sauce over the roast until it’s coated all over.
- In a 13" x 10" x 1" baking pan, stir together the anise seed, fennel, caraway and dill seed. Roll pork roast in seeds to coat evenly. Wrap meat in foil; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325° F and remove foil. Place meat fat side up on the rack in an open shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer so the tip is in the center of the thickest part.
- Roast pork loin in baking pan for 35–40 minutes per pound. Meat thermometer should register 145° F when roast is done. Let rest 3 minutes. Slice to serve.
Contributed by: Barbara, Waltham, Massachusetts.