Mashed Carrots & Ginger
Add color and flavor to your table with this holiday-favorite side dish. Mashed carrots are spiced with ginger, honey, black pepper and a touch of vanilla extract. A vibrant and velvety dish that couldn’t be more simple—or delicious.
: Serves 3 (1 serving = 1/3 of the recipe)
- 2 cups baby carrots
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional garnish: 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
- Boil or steam carrots on high heat until carrots are very tender. Lower heat to low and mash carrots with a potato masher.
- Add remaining ingredients (ginger, honey, pepper and vanilla extract) and stir until well-mixed.
- Serves 3 (1 serving = 1/3 of the recipe).
Optional: Garnish with chopped chives and serve.
Tip: For smoother mashed carrots, use a food processor or blender.