Pasta with Cheesy Meat Sauce
This pasta and meat sauce recipe is creamy, comforting and full of flavor! Pasta, meat and two luscious cheeses combine to make this savory dish a meal to remember—and crave.
: Serves 6 (1 serving = 8 ounces)
- ½ box large-shaped pasta
- 1 pound ground beef*
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1½ cups beef stock, reduced or no sodium
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon® beef, no salt added
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce, no salt added
- ¾ cup monterey or pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons French’s® Worcestershire sauce, reduced sodium
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.7 g|
- Cook pasta noodles according to the directions on the box.
- In a large sauté pan, cook ground beef, onions and onion flakes until the meat is browned.
- Drain and add stock, bouillon and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked pasta, turn off heat, add softened cream cheese, shredded cheese and seasonings (Italian seasoning, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce). Stir pasta mixture until cheese is melted throughout.
*Tip: You can substitute ground turkey for beef.