Roast Pork Loin With Sweet and Tart Apple Stuffing
Home for the holidays? Try this delicious pork loin recipe with a sweet and tart apple stuffing on the inside and a dried cherry marmalade glaze on top. A special meal any time of year.
: Serves 6 (1 serving = 1/6 loin or 2.5–3 ounces)
- Cherry Marmalade Glaze:
- ½ cup sugar-free orange marmalade
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Apple Stuffing:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups packed cubed Hawaiian rolls (or any white bread)
- ½ cup finely diced Granny Smith, Macintosh or Honey Crisp apple
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely diced onions
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken stock
- Roast Pork Loin:
- 1 pound Hormel® natural boneless pork loin
- 2 18-inch pieces of butcher twine
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Cherry Marmalade Glaze:
Mix all glaze ingredients in a small saucepan on medium-high heat until marmalade is melted and starts to simmer. Turn off heat and set aside.
Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Sauté all ingredients in canola oil except for chicken stock for 2–3 minutes in large sauté pan on medium-high heat.
- Slowly add chicken stock until moist, but not too wet. (You may not need it all, depending on how much juice is released from the apples during cooking.)
- Remove from heat and chill to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, cut five slits about 1 inch apart along the length of the loin, forming several pockets.
- Stuff each pocket with about 2 tablespoons of stuffing (there should be a little left over).
- Tie one long piece of twine around the length of the loin and tie additional twine across the shorter length as needed to keep the stuffing in place.
- Place remaining stuffing on a baking sheet tray, place tied stuffed pork on top and bake for 45 minutes at 400° F or until you reach an internal temperature of 160° F.
- Spoon on the dried cherry marmalade glaze, shut oven heat off and let rest in oven for 10–15 minutes. Remove pork loin, slice into portions then serve.