Spicy Beef Stir-Fry
Asian inspired, this take on the classic stir-fry combines tender strips of beef with red chili and bell peppers for a protein-packed entrée that’s great for any night of the week.
: Serves 4 (1 serving = 1 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch, separated
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water, separated
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil, separated
- 12 ounces beef round tip, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon ground red chili pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, reduced sodium
- Optional garnish: parsley
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.5 g|
- In a large bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 tablespoon water, 1 large egg, 1 tablespoon canola oil, and add the beef. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the cornstarch and water. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a skillet and add the meat mixture. Cook until the meat begins to brown.
- Add green bell peppers, onion and chili pepper. Add sherry, and then stir-fry it all for 1 minute. Add soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil.
- Thicken with cornstarch and water mixture.
Optional: Garnish beef stir-fry with parsley.
Contributed by: Ting Ping Chueng-Yeh, Aiea, Hawaii.