Egg Fried Rice
A delicious, easy-to-make Asian-inspired dish for those who are always on the go. This egg fried rice recipe combines scrambled eggs, rice, green onions, peas and bean sprouts for a filling and satisfying meal that’s perfect for vegetarians.
: Serves 10 (1 serving = ½ cup)
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- 4 cups cooked rice, cold
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
- Combine the sesame oil, eggs and egg whites in a small bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add egg mixture and stir-fry until done.
- Add bean sprouts and green onions. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and peas. Continue to stir-fry until heated thoroughly.
- Season with black pepper and serve immediately.
Contributed by: Murray Randall, Berwyn, Illinois.