Fired-Up Zucchini Turkey Burger
Get the grill out and fire up your taste buds with these zippy, zucchini turkey burgers. Toss some fresh poblano peppers on the grill until they’re blistered and then top the burgers with them for some added zing.
: Serves 4 (1 serving = 1 burger)
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced lengthwise, seeded and minced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® Extra Spicy Blend
- 2 fresh poblano peppers, sliced in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1 teaspoon mustard (optional)
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.6 g|
- Mix the first 6 ingredients thoroughly. Form meat mixture into 4 turkey burger patties. Turkey burgers may be grilled outdoors on a grill or on an electric griddle. The peppers can be grilled alongside turkey burgers until the skin is tender and blistered. Grill turkey burgers to an internal temperature of 165° F or until center is no longer pink.
- Top the patty with sliced grilled peppers and serve on a hamburger bun.
Contributed by: Robin Russell, Celina, Texas.