Smoky & Savory Salmon Dip
Rich and flavorful, this smoky salmon dip recipe is easy to prepare and makes for an elegant appetizer or side dish.
: Serves 12 (1 serving = ¼ cup)
- 1 pound fresh skinless, boneless salmon cut into 4 pieces
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup capers
- ¼ cup lemon juice and zest of half a lemon (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.3 mg|
- Poach the salmon in 2 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika for 4–6 minutes on medium-high heat; the pot should be covered but it should not reach a boil. Remove and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix all of the other ingredients together until smooth. Break salmon into bite-sized pieces and fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Chill salmon dip for 20–30 minutes. Serve with celery sticks, corn chips and carrots or rolled in a leaf of iceberg lettuce.