Three-Pea Salad with Ginger-Lime Vinaigrette
Lovely and light. This beautiful salad calls for three different peas (sugar snap peas, snow peas and sweet peas) and a zesty, ginger-lime vinaigrette, which makes for a sophisticated, yet simple, dish.
: Serves 6 (1 serving = ½ cup)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen sweet peas
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, reduced sodium
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, chopped
- ½ cup canola oil (can substitute grapeseed oil)
- 1 tablespoon hot sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Optional garnish: freshly cracked coarse black pepper to taste
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.8 g|
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a hot skillet, tossing them constantly for about 3–5 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling water over high heat, blanch all 3 types of peas for 2 minutes, drain and then shock them in a bowl of cold water. Transfer to a strainer and drain thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, black pepper, lime juice and zest until well-blended, about 1–2 minutes.
- Continue to whisk, adding the ginger. Slowly drizzle in the canola or grapeseed oil, then add the sesame oil, mixing until well incorporated.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad dressing with the pea mixture. Toss with the sesame seeds, add the black pepper to taste and serve.
Optional: Garnish with freshly cracked coarse black pepper to taste.