Orange and Cinnamon Biscotti
Enjoy the tangy taste of orange, warmed with a hint of cinnamon and served up in a crispy biscotti. Dip in coffee or tea or enjoy as a dessert or snack.
: 18 cookies (1 serving = 1 cookie)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.5 g|
Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat sugar and unsalted butter in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in orange peel and vanilla.
- Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium-size bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Divide dough in half. Place each half on a prepared sheet. With lightly floured hands, form each half into a log shape that is 3 inches wide by three quarters of an inch high. Bake until dough logs are firm to the touch, about 35 minutes.
- Remove dough logs from oven and cool 10 minutes.
- Transfer logs to work surface. Using serrated knife, cut on diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices. Arrange cut side down on baking sheets.
- Bake until bottoms are golden, about 12 minutes.
- Turn biscotti over; bake until bottoms are golden, about 12 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool before serving.
TIP: Refrigerate the dough for thirty minutes to form into logs more easily.