Easier Than Your Mama's Meatloaf
Craving comfort food? Try this new take on a traditional favorite, made with garlic, panko bread crumbs, mayo, Worcestershire sauce and red pepper flakes. Use turkey or lean beef—either way, it satisfies.
: Serves 4 (1 serving = ¼ meatloaf)
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon® Beef Base (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Mix all ingredients (except ground beef or turkey) in a medium-size bowl until well incorporated. Add ground beef or turkey and mix.
- Put mixture into meatloaf pan or form into an 8 "x 4" oblong loaf or desired meatloaf shape or form into 2 individual-size meatloaves and place on a small baking sheet tray.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes, then remove foil and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Turn oven off and let rest in oven for 10 minutes before removing and serving.
TIPS: Have extra mix? Shape into meatloaves and refrigerate at 40° F or below, immediately or within 2 hours of preparation. Just thaw and heat the leftovers for another tasty meal or snack like Easy Turkey Breakfast Burrito